Responsibilities and authority:
- Testing of Radar Systems against the MED (Marine Equipment Directive) both within the radio test laboratories at Octagon House and offsite, which could be within the UK or overseas.
- Testing of beacons and other marine radio products.
- Recording test results and production of test reports, following company quality procedures.
- Development of new services, test methods and other departmental documentation.
- Technically supporting customers during attended testing.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with the applicable regulatory requirements or defined Test Plan supplied by the customer.
- Helping to develop and refine test plans with the customer.
- Close liaison with the Project Manager to ensure work is carried out accurately and within the budgeted costs and timescales.
Specific education, experience, knowledge, competencies and training required:
- Educated to HNC level (or equivalent) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering with RF / RADAR content.
- Experienced in Radar operation and supported features.
- Motivated and enthusiastic, with a willingness to learn.
- Flexible approach to work - willing to work shift/overtime or on customer sites as and when required.
- Good understanding of using IT systems such as MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to deliver work independently or as a team, to defined deadlines.
- Conscientious with good interpersonal, customer skills and commercial awareness.
- A willingness to travel within the role, within the UK or overseas as required.
- A good understanding of analogue and digital communications technologies.
- An understanding of the requirements of the IEC / EN / COSPAS SARSAT / RTCM standards.
- Experience of using RF test equipment such as spectrum/network analyser, signal generator, RF power meter etc.
- Experience gained in performing RF accredited testing.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint.
- Full UK driving licence.