Senior Software Developer - Warrington
Russell Taylor are actively recruiting for a Software Developer to join a World leading Testing, Certification and Inspection Company who have over a century of experience within safety and Science. They are dedicated to promoting safe living and strive to safeguard people, products and places.
We are seeking a talented Developer to support the development and deployment of a greenfield project where you'll be responsible for creating a platform to improve the efficiency of IT services across the company's various divisions.
£45k - £55k per annum plus a 15% bonus and benefits
* You will be responsible for analysing, developing and modifying complex software programs and assisting business leadership in the analysis of software and hardware system needs, options, risks, costs and impact on business processes and goals.
* Performs analysis of system requirements, preparation of specifications, designing, coding, testing, debugging, and documenting. Implements complex requirements for multiple platforms, operating systems, and applications.
* Performs detailed code reviews as required.
* Maintains, updates and improves our Client's development and testing environments and systems.
* Resolves problems by devising or modifying procedures. Considers equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results when developing resolutions.
* Monitors progress of software based projects by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports, and recommending actions.
* Improves systems performance by investigating problems, developing specifications, identifying trends in technology, and recommending solutions.
What we are looking for:
* Bachelor's degree required, Master's preferred.
* Extensive experience in software engineering with demonstrated success designing and building high-quality, commercial software and SaaS applications
* Solid experience in multiple software development lifecycle phases, including scope and proposal, analysis, design, and software construction.
* Extensive experience with Microsoft technologies, specifically .Net; C#; asp.net; SQL
* Experience working with Cloud services platforms such as Azure or AWS
* Hands-on experience with APIs, Micro services and Service Oriented Architecture
* Comfortable working with Agile / Scrum methodologies and demonstrated success in building design patterns and software engineering best practice
* Strong background working in a highly scalable API environment
* 1st stage interview - 20 minute telephone interview with a Director
* 2nd stage interview - coding exercise
Please follow the instructions below to apply: