Russell Taylor are actively recruiting for a Senior Test Engineer to work for a real-time business intelligence company with major customers in the Nuclear, Power Generation, Utilities and Oil & Gas markets.
The Company have recently launched an Industrial IoT solution for Building Performance, Energy Management, Network Visibility, Situational Awareness and Predicative Analytics and require a Senior Test Engineer to work out of their Livingstone Office.
Summary of the Role:
This role is for a senior automation test engineer to form part of a dynamic product development team for a leading energy solution based on an IoT platform. The right candidate will have proven experience and demonstrable knowledge of working in a product testing environment developing scripts and automated test routines to ensure product releases are fully compliant with quality procedures and processes prior to formal deployment.
Overall responsibilities will include:
* Defining test strategies and preparing test plans for the IoT platform
* Align software test activities to meet product development schedules using best practices and tools
* Plan, develop, coordinate and perform testing for each product minor and major release in alignment with other product verification and validation activities
* Testing, automating and maintaining manual and automated regression suites
* Participate in product team discussions on product design and presenting test results to the engineering team and management
* Engaging with our client testers in a positive and collaborative manner
* Degree in Computing or Science related subject
* Proven experience of working in a software testing environment using and development automated test routines
* Problem solving skills - Identifying issues, exploring alternative solutions and providing the right level of support to the development team
* Good organisation skills and comfortable working against challenging timescales
* Working experience in C#, C++, ASP/MVC, .Net or equivalent
* Ability to learn new and emerging technologies
* UK driving licence
* HTML5/CSS3 - Styling applications.
* Working knowledge of databases (RDBMS/NoSQL/Time series).