SHEQ Manager Permanent
Competitive Salary package
My client is a regional building contractor with an excellent reputation. They deliver design and build projects from 1million up to around 19milllion. They work in a variety of sector, education, commercial and residential.
A well-established reputation across the industry enables them to have an excellent client base of both repeat and new business thriving across both market sectors.
Due to an increase in recent contract wins they are in the market for a SHEQ Manager to join their team. The SHEQ Manager they are looking for will have previous experience working in a health, safety, environmental and Quality position. You will be responsible for multiple sites across the North West, ensuring all works carried out are in line to the highest level of health and safety.
You will be developing and implementing health and safety procedures across the business. Ensuring all site staff are fully compliant and adhering to all legal legislations on site via toolbox talks and site safety inductions. The SHEQ Manager will ideally be experienced in co ordinating the legal side of SHEQ.
The SHEQ Manager will be responsible for regular onsite inspections and ensuring all health and safety records are kept up to date accordingly.
The successful SHEQ Manager will have a proven construction background, ideally working for a contractor. The SHEQ Manager will ideally be experienced in co ordinating the legal side of SHEQ
You will have the following key responsibilities
- Advise and guide on all health, safety, environmental and quality matters, keeping the business up to date with health and safety arrangements, policy, best practice and issues as they arise
- Conduct regular site inspections and audits to assess the safety standards are maintained and a consistent approach is adopted across the Company
- Ensure that statutory requirements are being upheld throughout the organisation e.g. COSHH,
- RIDDOR, Display Screen Equipment, Risk Assessments etc.
- Act as the major link in the event of accidents or incidents, conducting all on-the-spot investigations and advising on recommendations arising from them
- Be the catalyst for activity and commitment to environmental management
- Provide an effective communication system on health, safety and environmental matters in the form of Company Bulletins, Safety Alerts, Emails and memos
- Provide health, safety and environmental documentation for marketing and at pre-tender stage
- Substantial experience within the construction industry with strong technical knowledge of building processes, equipment and plant
- A minimum of a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- SHEQ auditing experience to ISO 9001, 14001, 18001, 50001 and OHSAS 18001 (ISO45001)
- Experience in civil claims handling and defence strategies
- Comprehensive knowledge of health, safety, environmental and quality legislation and best practice
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good IT and numeracy skills
- Methodical and organised with the ability to prioritise own workload and work independently
- Commercially focussed
- Good attention to detail
- Networking skills