£30k - £35k DOE
We have an excellent opportunity for a Shift manager to join an established Food/FMCG manufacturing plant.
- Responsible for safe, efficient delivery of the manufacturing plan.
- To constantly look for ways and means of reducing waste in all areas e,g materials/manpower/duplicity of effort
- To ensure that the Production team are adequately manned and trained and developed to achieve their maximum effectiveness
- To develop and improve communication across shifts and across departments To work closely with Food Safety and Quality team to improve practises and procedures to a hygiene level that complies with all Good manufacturing practises
- To ensure that shift rota's and manning plans meet the sales demand, balancing workload across individuals and teams
- To manage the department costs within budget
- Work closely with Engineering team to eradicate areas of downtime to achieve OEE >85%
- To develop and operate KPI/Management system that is shared and effective across the business
- To develop, lead and coach Supervisory team to meet the business plan
- To review shift patterns and manning per shift to meet the growing sales demand, proposing and implementing changes to rotas as required
- To ensure key raw materials are used effectively and implementing cost effective solutions to minimise waste and re-work on shift
- To develop key metrics that enable effective reporting of cost areas
- Work closely with Process improvement Manager and production teams to identify process improvements to develop bottom line profit improvement
- Lead the team visibly on the shop floor, working closely with all team members reinforcing good practise
- To Drive OEE >85% on all lines
- Establish and maintain effective communication to promote close working relationships within the manufacturing and engineering unit.
- Ensure the accurate flow of information to the right place at the right time.
- To provide relevant KPI reports in all areas and projects being worked on in a timely manner (i.e. Daily/Weekly/Monthly)
Training and Development
- To undergo and commit to all training as and when required
- To ensure PDP 's for all key members of staff are in place and reviewed on a regular basis to ensure staff are developed to full potential
- To ensure that appraisals are carried out not only for key individuals but for all team members on the shop floor
- To identify cost saving measures in the business, together with implementing plan to deliver savings.
- To manage Dept budget identifying areas for savings and having robust systems to quantify overspend
- Drive Quality on the shop floor, not accepting second best
- Improve ownership of quality by key operators
- Identify barriers to on line QC working closely with TM and develop action plan to move the production team forward
- Own NC improvement process and implement change as needed Health and Safety
- Ensure that working practices safeguard the health and safety of all employees and visitors.
- Through setting a good example and confronting unsatisfactory behaviour, help create a culture for an injury free workplace.
- Investigate all accidents and near misses
- Efficiency to plan and OEE
- Spend Vs Budget
- KPI system in place and effective
- NC improvement plan
- GMP scores
- Key staff PDP and appraisals in place
- Shift rota and shift plans for future growth
- Waste levels
- Absence levels
- Waste reports implemented and Waste levels reduced from 2013 level
Levels of Responsibility
- Responsible for developing and coaching Production team
- Responsible for Food safety system operation in production
- Responsible for H&S of staff and self
- Responsible for cost effective production of quality products
- Responsible for production budget
- Responsible for shift patterns and rotas to meet the sales demand
- Coach / Mentor / Leader
- Good IT skills
- Able to understand KPI's and interpret them in effective and meaningful ways for all
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and how to assess them to reduce waste
- Approachable and helpful at all times.
- Flexible and open-minded.
- Maintains standards.
- Problem solver
- Able to communicate at all levels
- Willing to go the extra mile
- Fair / Open / Honest
- Integrity of the highest level
If you feel you have the skills and experience for this role please click the link to apply