Software Engineer (SCADA)
RTG are currently recruiting for a Software Engineer to work within the Transmission & Distribution sector.
The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of the systems development lifecycle: specification, design, programming, testing, installation and commissioning. This will range from configuring multiple instances of existing solutions to developing new solutions for clients from a list of basic requirements. This will include database configuration, coding, application engineering, hardware interface, system testing and commissioning. This would include client visits for meetings & surveys and possible overseas travel for training courses and partner integrations.
* Is competent in the use of a PC & management of electronic files/folders
* Good knowledge of databases
* Has a good understanding of SCADA/HMIs and control systems
* Experienced coder in any of the following C++, C#, JAVA, VB
* Ability to learn how to configure & navigate new products with manuals and on-line support
* The ability to research ideas/products to identify suitability for a solution
* Can successfully complete all assigned tasks to plan and in line with company procedures and standards.
* A team player who has drive and tenacity with a willingness to learn
* Can communicate confidently and effectively with colleagues and customers
* Electrical Engineering knowledge
* Knowledge of electrical principles (Power calculations etc.)
* Ideally GE equipment knowledge or Copa-data Zenon SCADA
* Ideally worked with substation control system
* Good research skills
* Good excel skills or High level programming skills
* Current driving licence