Role: - Superintendent Pharmacist (Maternity cover)
Location: - Gloucestershire, UK
Salary: - £35-40,000 DOE
Russell-Taylor Group has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Pharmacist to join our clients new science based cosmetic company on a 12-14 month fixed term contract. If you have knowledge in writing procedures for quality management systems and have management experience involving creating and monitoring compliance of Standard Operating Procedures, please apply within.
- Responsible for all aspects in the running of the pharmacy- clinical governance and regulatory compliance of the pharmacy
- Ensure there is a robust Quality System in place
- Create & monitor compliance of all the Standard Operating Procedures in the Pharmacy.
- Prescription receipt, legal and bona fide checks of patients and prescribers, clinical screening and intervention where needed.
- Carry out checks on suppliers to verify the supplies of medicinal products
- Maintain the patient medication record (PMR).
- Dispense pharmacy products.
- Receipt of stock, inventory management and replenishment using first expiry, first out (FEFO) principles.
- Patient follow up and reporting of any Adverse Drug Reactions (ADRs)- Provide patient advice and signposting
- Schedule deliveries, making sure products are delivered in accordance with the prescribers / patient's wishes.
- Keep up to date with personal performance, carry out relevant Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and work within own competence- Ensure self-audits are carried out
- Ensure all staff are trained and competent and that there is a pharmacy staff rota in place three months in advance
- Attend MHRA and GPhC inspections
- Qualified Pharmacist
- Ideally 2 years pharmacy management experience
- Experience working with a pharmacy with a WDA/(H) (desirable)
- An understanding of GMP/GDP (desirable)
- An understanding of the Responsible Person role in a deputy position (desirable)
- Take direction from Responsible Person and carry out assigned duties. Report any suspected falsified medicines to the RP if required and MHRA, as required.
- Report any deviations and complaints that could lead to a recall to the RP
- Maintain training compliance in GDP and GMP procedures
- Provide internal GDP/GMP training in the absence of RP
- Escalate issues to the Responsible Person and agree actions
- Manage the complaints process
- Collate data for Management Review Meetings, attend meetings and carry out any agreed actions