Systems engineering is an interdisciplinary part of engineering that focuses on how to design and manage complex engineering projects over their life cycles.
This includes: cost & schedule, requirements specification, design & implementation, manufacture, integration, performance testing, delivery, operation and training.
Systems Engineering integrates all the disciplines and specialty groups into a team effort forming a structured development process that proceeds from concepts to production to operation. Systems Engineering considers both the business and the technical needs of customers, with the goal of providing a quality product that meets the user needs.
- Design Assurance
- Requirements and Interfaces
- Risk Assessments (including CDM)
- Cost Benefit Analysis
- System test program
- Delivery of remote handling solutions
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
The following are the minimum requirements: -
- Degree or equivalent qualification in an Engineering discipline.
- A good knowledge of complex electro-mechanical systems and an understanding of their associated engineering discipline.
- Proven ability to deliver and make presentations to large corporate clients.
- Proven ability to provide system engineering solutions for projects.
- An excellent working knowledge of English.
Experience in any of the following will be beneficial: -
- Development and delivery of complex electro-mechanical systems for the nuclear, aerospace, shipbuilding or medical sectors.
- Experience in the nuclear industry.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Architect.