TEST RIG ENGINEER - WOLVERHAMPTON
My client is a specialist in calibration, repair, maintenance and measurement of electrical and mechanical services. This allows them to offer a one stop shop to all clients. They operate in 30 countries around the world. They are consistently growing and there is room for internal progression within the company.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Test Rig Engineer to work at one of the major client's sites in Wolverhampton.
The successful Multi-Skilled Calibration / Test Rig Engineer day to day duties will include:
* To calibrate electronic / electrical, temperature and mechanical measuring instruments such as DMM's / multi-meters, frequency generators, thermocouples, ovens, furnaces, pressure, flow, load.
* Strip down and re-assemble test rigs.
* Fault find down to equipment level.
* Documenting and inputting data / results onto computer and producing calibration certificates.
* Where required create work instructions/procedures, risk assessments and method statements.
* To follow company QHSE guidelines.
* Flexibility to work approved overtime if required.
To be suitable for this Calibration Technician (Electrical, Instrumentation & Mechanical) role you should have the following skills:
* Recent experience as a calibration engineer / technician.
* Previous experience of calibrating DMM's / multi-meters, frequency generators, mechanical equipment, pressure and temperature instrumentation such as pressure and flow gauges, thermocouples, PRT's, ovens / furnaces etc.
* Ideally will have completed a relevant engineering apprenticeship or be time served.
* Able to read engineering drawings.
* Must be PC literate in MS Word and Excel and confidence to use bespoke computer software.
* Must have good interpersonal communication skills, able to work as part of a team or alone with the minimum of supervision
The ideal Multi - Skilled Calibration Engineer role will have the following experience:
* Ideally educated to ONC or higher in Mechanical or Electrical/Electronic Engineering
* Proven customer facing experience.
* Recent experience of calibrating electrical, temperature and mechanical instrumentation such as DMM's / multi-meters, frequency generators, thermocouples, ovens, furnaces, pressure, flow, load.
* Previous experience of calibrating to UKAS standards.
* Knowledge of importing / exporting from Excel databases and report generation from databases.
* Calibration and assembly of test rig