Airbase UK Interiors is the one of the leading aviation laundry, dry cleaning and kitting providers to UK operators. 'We process over 400,000 lbs of dry cleaning ever year and are investing to strengthen this area of the business.'
Airbase works with the UK's leading flag carrier to manufacture, maintain and instal cabin furnishings which the Zonal Team overhaul on-wing in defined slots set out by the customers aircraft maintenance schedule and in accordance with strict procedures.
The Zonal Seat Cover Fitters also assist in the dry cleaning, kitting and delivery of the laundry to and from Airbase's Gatwick site.
Structured regulatory training and on-the-job training is provided alongside company benefits.
- Load and unload laundered kits from airside transport.
- Advise the Supervisor/Team Leader of any shortages or problems with the seat cover or curtain kits.
- Change aircraft seat covers and curtains in accordance with Airbase procedures and customer specifications.
- Ensure that biohazard material is contained and safely segregated from stock to be returned to the warehouse for cleaning.
- Work within the aircraft in a clean, tidy, safe and secure standard.
- Assist with other general duties as reasonably required of the role which may include working in the unit at Gatwick Gate or undertaking delivery driving duties.
- Work in accordance with the 5S standards within the facility.
- Assist Stores personnel with unloading of deliveries.
- Follow Health & Safety guidelines set out by the Company.
- Good communication skills - our business language is English and oral and written communications must be understood
- Basic IT skills, literacy & numeracy
- Manual handling experience
- Self-motivated and work well within teams and autonomously
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as Drawings, safety rules, operating instructions, and procedures.
- Driving License
- Detailed reference history and CRC will be required as part of compulsory airside pass application
- Lean manufacturing or service and continual process improvement experience.
- Previous Part 21 or Part 145 employee training
- Previous competence gained using dry cleaning equipment