|Mechanical & Electrical Engineer
|4 months ago
• Carry out an intensive programme of planned preventive maintenance for all company buildings and utilities.
• Carry out routine maintenance on all company machinery and equipment to include fault finding, problem solving and minor repairs to minimise down time.
• Full, accurate and timely completion of all maintenance logs, schedules, etc. to comply with Health and Safety legislation and company, insurance requirements, etc.
• Ensure there are adequate supplies of spares on site for commonly used parts or those with a long lead time.
• Carry out all minor mechanical & electrical repairs in relation to buildings and utilities, planned and executed in such a way to minimise risk or inconvenience to others.
• Carry out modifications to work areas and new equipment as required.
• Minor troubleshooting & maintenance for office equipment if required.
• Hold, or be willing to work towards levels of training and competence, required to carry out your expected duties.
• Contact external contractors as required and accompany/assist them while on site.
• Review processes, procedures, systems, paperwork, etc. in own area, and make suggestions for improvement.
• To take ownership of SLA efficiency.
• Liaise with customers and suppliers as necessary to clarify technical details and overcome problems.
• Create & continuously update technical files for plant & equipment from liaison with suppliers, operator, or own knowledge, etc.
• Carry out daily, weekly, and monthly health and safety checks and inspections and takes timely corrective action. Report problems and/or unsafe practices to relevant supervisor and Health and Safety manager, together with any recommendations for improvements.
• Follow up on action points agreed on the Health & Safety Improvement reports and by the Health and Safety Manager within the agreed timescales.
• Communicate process changes to relevant parties in order that relevant follow up may be carried out, e.g., training.
• Ensure full and timely reporting of all major breakdowns, significant problems, repair requirements, delays, or machine down time to relevant personnel.
(Shifts include: 6am - 2pm, 8am - 4pm & 10am - 6pm)