We are currently looking for a Purchasing assistant to join out client during an excited period of growth. This role is ideally suited to a well organised candidate with a passion to build their skills in manufacturing industry.
- Liaising with suppliers/developing relationships management
- Design and deliver against performance measures, including supply, cost and quality for clients
- Monitor &control stock/materials levels ensuring constant supplies are available
- Manage supplier relations delivering performance in service, and quality
- Running & Analyse MRP system to raise purchase orders
- Arranging deliveries of materials
- Implement departmental strategies to deliver targeted benefits
- Control NCR returns process
Essential Skills and experience
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Previous experience in a Purchase Controller/Expeditor/Planner role.
- Ability to communicate, collaborate and negotiate both internally and externally.
- Ability to manage associated supply chain activities effectively and efficiently and in line with requirements.
- Working knowledge of MS Office including Excel.