8.00am - 4.00pm Monday to Friday
A major Chemical company based in Widnes is looking to appoint a QC Analyst to their QC department on a permanent basis.
- Perform testing on finished goods samples, in-process samples, wastewater samples, solid waste, and other miscellaneous samples in support on the site manufacturing operations.
- Analysis of samples including receiving samples and identifying the appropriate test to be performed
- Comfortable analyzing samples using various instruments including GC, HPLC and wet chemical analysis techniques as detailed in approved and validated test methods.
- Perform routine maintenance on lab equipment and checking/ordering of lab supplies as assigned.
- Properly report evaluation and reporting of analytical results in a reasonable amount of time is an integral part of the sample analysis process.
- Develop new methods and techniques for both existing and new processes.
- Carry out training of other staff where required.
- Carry out where possible any fault-finding with instruments.
- Ensure that all maintenance schedules are maintained with the various contract houses.
- Work with Development Chemists on new processes.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of a HNC in Chemistry
- At least 2 years chemical manufacturing experience desired
- Relevant experience of GC/HPLC and wet chemistry testing
- Must be competent to work unsupervised on any technique.
- Must be a good communicator and capable of dealing with people both on and off site.
- Must demonstrate initiative.