Russell Taylor are recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor (mechanical / piping) to work on a long term project for an EPC contractor in Hull.
The main focus will be to work with the Project team to assist in maintaining the commercial health and resourcing for the portfolio of work.
The successful Quantity Surveyor will have a mechanical and piping background whilst possessing excellent pre & post contract commercial expertise. They must also be diligent, accurate and a proactive team player with a capacity to interface at all levels.
* Proven project and commercial management success
* An analytical bias with the ability to provide solutions to issues
* Well versed in modern commercial management techniques within complex, multi-functional organisations/ project environments
* Understanding of commercial, contractual and financial project drivers
* Understanding of commercial contracting strategies within an engineering environment
* Exhibits a strong awareness of the level of interaction required with the project team function to support the successful delivery of projects
* Good working contractual/legal knowledge
* An understanding of delivery techniques in regulated markets
* Minimum of HNC/HND in an Engineering discipline or equivalent
* Professional membership of an appropriate professional body (e.g. RICS)
* Mechanical & Piping background essential
* MACostE desirable