Calling out for Synthetic Organic Chemists!!!
The successful candidate(s) will be immersed in all areas of chemistry including :
- Custom synthesis projects on small, lab scale up to 20 litre scale
- TE projects synthesising compound libraries for testing in medicinal chemistry lead identification / lead optimisation program
- Handling and synthesis of highly potent active pharmaceutical ingredients
The candidate will work closely with our existing experienced contract synthesis and research chemistry teams, and communicate directly with customers to continue to deliver the levels of technical excellence and customer service we pride ourselves on.
Within the labs, there is the capability equipment wise, to work on milligram to kilogram scale chemistry and have high quality analytical facilities both in-house and through the site open access analytical laboratory.
In addition, with the client's dedicated high potency laboratory facility they also offer the synthesis of hormones, opioids, prostaglandins and cytotoxic oncology small molecules associated with antibody drug conjugates (ADCs).
Synthetic Organic Chemist skills and attributes:
- Previous experience in practical organic chemistry
- Educated to a BSc/MChem level is essential
- Qualified in a chemistry based subject to PhD level is highly desirable
- Experience gained in pharmaceuticals, life sciences or agrochemical sectors desirable
- Additional experience in medicinal chemistry drug design or the synthesis of high potency small molecules is advantageous